The Hungarian American Coalition is excited to announce two new, annual awards. The first is for an outstanding alumni of the John N. Lauer Leadership Training Program (LTP). The second is for outstanding young leaders in the community, to be nominated by member organizations of the Coalition. The inaugural honors will be presented at this year’s Gala Dinner held on October 19.
John N. Lauer Leadership Training Program (LTP) alumni
LTP Alumni Award: Eligibility & Criteria
Honoring alumni who live up to the ideals of John N Lauer: civic responsibility, leadership, generosity and curiosity.
- Nominees must have participated in the Coalition-run John N. Lauer Leadership Training Program (LTP) or previously named Coalition Internship Program (CIP) or Congressional Internship Program (CIP) and achieved success in the field of public service or civic engagement in Hungary or the region;
- Candidates will be nominated by their peers;
- Nominees will have continued involvement with LTP and the Coalition.
Future Community Leader Award: Eligibility & Criteria
Honoring rising stars in the Hungarian American community as recognized by member organizations of the Coalition.
- Nominees must be between 18-30 years of age and an active member in a Coalition member organization;
- Candidates must be nominated by a HAC member in good standing;
- Nominees should be dedicated, innovative, visionary and held leadership positions.
Applications Open on September 6, 2023
Deadline for Nominations – September 30, 2023
Coalition members and alumni are requested to send their nominations by filling the form here: